Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Simply the scariest day of my life.
So people think it's an easy way to go, but let me tell you now: It's not.
Taking a leap from such a small area and going into something far larger in size is horrifying.

In other words, I don't want to do it. People have said I will be fine. People who have gone through the same thing say I will love it. Parents tell me I will adapt. Other parents tell me of the worst that could happen. The support isn't very good, and the comments are only mildly encouraging.

No, I don't want to take a step forward in my life. No, I don't want to grow up. No. No, no, no. I want to stay exactly where I am, and be happy right here. Right where no one can touch me. I'm in my safe house and putting it into lock down so I never have to leave it. Don't you people understand what I'm trying to say? You don't. No one does.

I don't want to go.

To go and walk the short walk of doom down the descending staircase and past the closed doors and constant watching eyes of those surrounding my destination. Even when I'm there, I won't be alone. For there are other just like myself dreading this day, or maybe they're celebrating it. I can only imagine how it would be to feel good about the horror coming.

But there is no escape.
I'm stuck going to high school after all.
This sucks.

Later.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Shannon!
    Long time no see!
    I am also finally getting into high school and am loving it! Evidently, you have an alternate opinion. I love the poem/story/rant thingy...
    BTW my e-mail address is: i-am-forgiven@hotmail.com
    E-mail me sometime.

    -MICHAEL P. (Swiney)

    ReplyDelete