Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Shiver

Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater.

A whopping 392 pages.I snagged this book from my friend, Danielle, and I trekked along the adventure this book drew out with anticipation for the end. Close to tears at a time or another, covering my mouth with shock while reading in class, yelled at many times to put my book down and do math, it was great.

This was a teen novel that I read for my recent book challenge. I have been reading up on my vampire fiction, but this was a twist to my plot. A book based on wolves and werewolves.

The female lead as Grace, a 17-year-old girl who was attacked by the pack of wolves at a young age, but was saved by the one who she soon fell in love with. Dearest Sam, our special wolf with yellow eyes, soon reveals himself as a werewolf and spends more-and-more time with Grace. The two of them wind down the twisting and turning road that is there new, complicated relationship.

When trying to avoid the cold weather that would make Sam turn into a wolf, trouble comes with a boy from Grace's school and anger brews in the Wolf pack. Sam and Grace have to sort through this all together, and apart, to be together and live through the shivering cold nights.

I can safely recommend this to any vampire lover, mystery fan, fiction follower or anyone else. I would say to read it in Grade 7 or 8 and even after your teen years are done. I loved it.

Enjoy your reading. I know I did.

Laters.

No comments:

Post a Comment