Friday, April 16, 2010

Married at 14


This--is my wife and I. We got engaged a while back during November of 2009, we got married not too long after. People have asked me if I really do 'turn that way' but honestly, got no clue. You see, love is a silly, little thing that I have no appreciation for yet. My wife is my wife. An inside joke that I should share on how it happened.
.
.
That's her blog! Yeah, that one. I couldn't figure out it was at first, but then I payed actual attention to it. Blanking out on my part. Great.
.
Anyway, she reads the same books as me, dresses a bit like me, and we can talk on-and-on for a while. So one day when she was telling me about some book, I got down on one knee and grasped her hand and asked her, out of the blue, if she would marry me. She graciously enough said yes. It was a wonderful day in my life, I finally have a wife. (Which will keep away those guys who are all like, "Hey, wanna go out?" "Nope, I have a wife." A great bonus.)
.
We both have rings, an engagement one and a wedding one. We've gone to the movies together a few times, which I don't find awkward at all. The first time was on a Sunday, I think, and the mall was empty afterward. With an empty mall, her an myself, and her i-pod, we strutted around the mall, i-pod on full blast while we sung to the song. It was that one "I wanna hippopotamus for Christmas!" So much fun. I'm not sure if anything can compare to it.
.
Now, the picture above is a bit old, from when we were in a musical mash-up together. Since then she got new streaks in her hair, and I chopped all of mine off, but that's for another story.
.
So, enjoy your day and may you find the true meaning to life.

No comments:

Post a Comment